11-20-12 natural climate change–reasons for:
2) Man-made carbon dioxide emissions throughout human history constitute less than 0.00022% of the total naturally emitted from the mantle of the Earth during geological history.
8) The IPCC theory is driven by just 60 scientists and favourable reviewers, not the 4,000 usually cited.
19) A petition by scientists trying to tell the world that the political and media portrayal of global warming is false was put forward in the Heidelberg Appeal in 1992. Today, more than 4,000 signatories, including 72 Nobel Prize winners, from 106 countries have signed it
15) Professor Plimer, Professor of Geology and Earth Sciences at the University of Adelaide, stated that the idea of taking a single trace gas in the atmosphere, accusing it and finding it guilty of total responsibility for climate change, is an “absurdity”
16) A Harvard University astrophysicist and geophysicist, Willie Soon, said he is “embarrassed and puzzled” by the shallow science in papers that support the proposition that the earth faces a climate crisis caused by global warming.
18) Despite activist concerns over CO2 levels, CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas, unlike water vapour which is tied to climate concerns, and which we can’t even pretend to control
21) Professor Zbigniew Jaworowski, Chairman of the Scientific Council of the Central Laboratory for Radiological Protection in Warsaw, Poland says the earth’s temperature has more to do with cloud cover and water vapor than CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.
28) Despite activist concerns over CO2 levels, rising CO2 levels are our best hope of raising crop yields to feed an ever-growing population
30) The slight increase in temperature which has been observed since 1900 is entirely consistent with well-established, long-term natural climate cycles
38) The world “warmed” by 0.07 +/- 0.07 degrees C from 1999 to 2008, not the 0.20 degrees C expected by the IPCC
41) Researchers who compare and contrast climate change impact on civilizations found warm periods are beneficial to mankind and cold periods harmful
48) The “Climate-gate” scandal pointed to a expensive public campaign of disinformation and the denigration of scientists who opposed the belief that CO2 emissions were causing climate change
57) William Kininmonth, a former head of the National Climate Centre and a consultant to the World Meteorological Organisation, wrote “the likely extent of global temperature rise from a doubling of CO2 is less than 1C. Such warming is well within the envelope of variation experienced during the past 10,000 years and insignificant in the context of glacial cycles during the past million years, when Earth has been predominantly very cold and covered by extensive ice sheets.”
60) The UK ’s environmental policy has a long-term price tag of about £55 billion, before taking into account the impact on its economic growth.
65) The globe’s current approach to climate change in which major industrialised countries agree to nonsensical targets for their CO2 emissions by a given date, as it has been under the Kyoto system, is very expensive.
70) Richard Lindzen, Professor of Atmospheric Sciences at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, wrote: “The notion of a static, unchanging climate is foreign to the history of the Earth or any other planet with a fluid envelope. Such hysteria (over global warming) simply represents the scientific illiteracy of much of the public, the susceptibility of the public to the substitution of repetition for truth.”
75) In the United States , the cap-and-trade is an approach designed to control carbon emissions and will impose huge costs upon American citizens via a carbon tax on all goods and services produced in the United States. The average family of four can expect to pay an additional $1700, or £1,043, more each year. It is predicted that the United States will lose more than 2 million jobs as the result of cap-and-trade schemes.
77) Why should politicians devote our scarce resources in a globally competitive world to a false and ill-defined problem, while ignoring the real problems the entire planet faces, such as: poverty, hunger, disease or terrorism.
78) A proper analysis of ice core records from the past 650,000 years demonstrates that temperature increases have come before, and not resulted from, increases in CO2 by hundreds of years.
98) The Leipzig Declaration in 1996, was signed by 110 scientists who said: “We – along with many of our fellow citizens – are apprehensive about the climate treaty conference scheduled for Kyoto, Japan, in December 1997” and “based on all the evidence available to us, we cannot subscribe to the politically inspired world view that envisages climate catastrophes and calls for hasty actions.” http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/146138/100-reasons-why-climate-change-is-natural
let’s add some more:
a. Satellite observations show the highest levels of CO2 are present over non-industrialized regions, e.g. the Amazon, not over industrialized regions
b. Climate model predictions track only a single independent variable – CO2 – and disregard all the other, much more important independent variables including clouds and water vapor.
c. The 1% of the global energy budget controlled by CO2 cannot wag the other 99%
–Professor Murry Salby, Chair of Climate Research at Macquarie University in Sydney http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/2013/06/climate-scientist-dr-murry-salby.html
d. It seems that the Japanese have a nice tool on orbit and set out to figure out who was a “maker” and who was a “taker” in the CO2 production / consumption game. (h/t tokuhnkat in an o.t. comment. Seems they found out that CO2 was largely net absorbed in the industrialized ‘west’ and net created in the ‘3rd world’. So pony up the cash, China, Brazil, and Africa. I want my environmental compensation!
This isn’t that much of a surprise to me. I’d figured out some time ago that trees and bamboo could consume far more CO2 than I “produce” via burning oil and gas. I’ve also pointed out that The West is largely letting trees grow, while mowing our lawns and having the clippings “sequestered” in land fills (along with an untold tonnage of phone books and junk mail…) while the 3rd world is busy burning and cutting down their forests. The simple fact is that “jungle rot” will beat out my “gallon a day” of Diesel any time. Basically, we in the west grow far more wheat, corn, soybeans, wood, lawns, shrubs, etc. than we burn oil. In the 3rd world, they burn their sequestering plants. (And it takes one heck of a lot more wood to cook a meal than it does coal via a highly efficient furnace / electric generator / microwave oven.) But it’s nice to see it documented in aggregate in the “facts in the air” https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2011/10/31/japanese-satellites-say-3rd-world-owes-co2-reparations-to-the-west/
The hardening of the arteries of human kindness has created one of the darkest epochs in all of the stages of man’s evolution….The diseases of the world are brought about as a result of mankind’s fragmentations of cosmic purpose, and men dare to impute to the Deity the negative misqualifications they themselves have created! Do they think that the karmic reaper shall pass them by? His grimness shall be as the whited face of God, a solemn harbinger of justice that shall not be moved, even by the cry for mercy. Those who know and thwart the purposes of God should tremble….
It is not enough to have available the lexicon of the spiritual guardians; we need vital hearts of flesh….The grail of God within them must be filled….
The children of the new age must partake of the grail….But so long as men defile themselves with outer conditions, so long as they remain afraid of the Eternal so long shall they elect to fulfill lesser purposes….Too many nets of deceit and darkness, of shadow and pain have they woven. These must be burned out by a conscious willingness. -Morya: Pearl 13:19
The transmittal of God’s goodness to humanity by the many sons of God opens the blinded eyes that they may see the fragrant crystal glow of the Tree of Life expanding to confer upon the nations and each individual segment of reality all God-good and perfectionment. When mankind join in the service of the heavenly hosts all radiance, joy and happiness conferred and held in consciousness will be seen as the eternally brooding dove of cosmic peace, the crowning achievement of universal progress….
There is then only one clarion call to Christhood, which I long ago did hear. As an elder brother to the race I stand waiting to confer a celestial garment of infinite beauty and purity upon all who will hear me and the priinciple, the great soundless principle for which I stand…subtle caroling the message of the lost Word. -Jesus: Pearls of Wisdom 13:20